BIG4 Perth Midland Tourist Park, located at the edge of the beautiful Swan Valley, is the ideal stepping off point to explore the many attractions of the region. The Swan Valley wine region is the oldest in Western Australia specializing in verdelho, chenin blanc, chardonnay, cabernet varieties and shiraz. The valley is also renowned for its fortified wines.
Throughout the valley you will find lots of wineries, restaurants and cafes, microbreweries, arts and crafts shops. You will enjoy its beautiful natural bushland and riverside parks.
Visit the Swan Valley Visitor Centre for tourist information and expert advice on places to see and things to do. To acquaint you with this vibrant and diverse region we have complied a list of some activities for you.
Things to do
- Cycle in the Swan Valley. There are four different routes of various lengths that will take you to some of the valley’s most exciting sights and surrounds. The brochure and maps are available here.
- Explore the Swan Valley Wine Trail (by car or bike) and expose your taste buds at its wineries and breweries. More information and the map are available here.
- Visit famous eateries, including Margaret River Chocolate factory, Mondo Nougat and Chocolate, Whistler’s Chocolate Co.
- Have family fun exploring Australian wildlife at Caversham Wildlife Park, riding a tram or train at Whiteman Park; get close to farm animals at Swan Valley Cuddle Animal farm or have a reptile experience at West Australian Reptile Park.
- Spend a day with your family trying new water attractions or meet kangaroos, koalas and other animals and birds at the Maze.
- Have a picnic on the Swan River foreshore at Woodbridge Riverside Park, Yagan Memorial Park, Lilac Hill Park and many more. Download the guide from the City of Swan here.
- Enjoy some sporting activities, such as supa-golf or paintballing.
- Paddle your kayak or canoe at Middle Swan Reserve. More information here.
- Visit Bell Rapids during winter or after heavy rains that may happen in summer.
- Take a heritage walk through Guildford. The information and maps can be viewed here.
Inspired by the many attractions in the Swan Valley and need accommodation nearby? BIG4 Perth Midland Tourist Park offers a variety of quality accommodation to suit all budgets. Book directly online here or give us a call.
BIG4 Perth Midland Tourist Park does not accept any liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in other sources cited in this section.